We just can’t stop gardening
We’ve been gardening as a family business in Edinburgh for over 40 years. The first 20 were in the Walled Garden at Hopetoun House and since then at our custom-built New Hopetoun Gardens. We started in 1978 as landscape gardeners, offering for sale only those plants and products that we believed were worthy of inclusion in your garden. Today this is still the guiding principle behind our offering.
We have always been determined that we should be able to show you how the plants we sell will grow and behave as they get older. You can see that the products we offer for sale and our garden centre still reflect this founding ethos.
Our people are continually learning new things about gardening and our management team between them have worked with Dougal for over 140 years. That’s one of the reasons we can call ourselves the Skilled Plant People. Come and see if we can help you with any garden problems you have.
Besides being a shop window for you to explore, our themed display gardens are our laboratory for us to experiment with plants and products. Dougal and Lesley regularly judge the showgardens at the Royal Horticultural Society’s shows at Chelsea and Hampton Court, so they are continually discovering new things to bring to New Hopetoun Gardens. Lesley has also been a regular presenter on the BBC’s Beechgrove Garden TV programme.
The Plant People – Garden Plants & Expert Advice
New Hopetoun Garden Centre Edinburgh is run by gardeners – for gardeners. And nowhere is this more obvious than in the choice and variety of the garden plants we offer.
We can’t hide it – Garden Plants are our passion. But unlike other garden centres, we don’t simply sell you a plant and take your money. We really do care about our plants, and that’s why we do everything we can to make sure they perform in your Scottish garden, so you can enjoy them as much as we do
Reasons to buy garden plants at New Hopetoun:
- * Garden Plants and Expert Advice
- * We GUARANTEE our hardy plants for 2 years
- * All our plants are ‘Garden Tested’ – they’ll earn their place in your garden and will perform well in local Scottish conditions
- * We always carry a large selection of popular and more unusual plants for each season of the year
- * We work alongside local Scottish and UK growers to offer the healthiest choice of seasonal garden plants we can find. We are proud that 95% of our plant sales are grown here in Britain